Cook/Assistant Catering Manager
£17,007 - £19,446 pro rata (actual salary £16,319 - £20,428)
32.25 hours per week, Term Time Only - 7:00am to 1:15pm
Job Start Date: April/May 2019 (Exact date to be negotiated)
Due to the retirement of the current post holder Regents Park Community Primary School has an excellent opportunity for a creative and effective Cook/Assistant Catering Manager. This person needs to be able to demonstrate excellence in service leadership and work alongside the Catering Manager to oversee the successful running of the catering services at Regents Park Community School and will be required to deputise in the absence of the Catering Manager.
- To ensure that the service provided exceeds the required standards for food safety, nutritional values, portion control and healthy eating.
- In the absence of the Catering Manager, manage the budget specific to catering, to ensure that pupils and staff receive value for money.
- Manage, plan and co-ordinate all activities that require the involvement or provision of catering services.
- To work alongside the Catering Manager in the cooking and preparation of school meals.
- Assist in the day to day management of kitchen staff.
- Have responsibility for ordering catering supplies as required.
- Organise tasting sessions for parents to demonstrate new dishes which have been included on the menu.
This post offers many opportunities for professional development in a secure and supportive environment. Candidates must meet all requirements of the person specification. CVs are not accepted.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
For informal enquiries or to arrange a Tour of School (available: Thursday 21st or Friday 22nd March starting at 10:00am) please contact the school office on 0121 464 6746.
Closing date: 12noon, Friday 22nd March 2019
Interviews from: Week beginning 25th March 2019
Regents Park Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references, medical clearance and proof of eligibility to legally work in the country. If you have lived or worked outside of the UK for 3 months or more within the last 5 years a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ must be obtained from the country you lived in.
Please access the school website www.rgntpark.bham.sch.uk/vacancies or email email@example.com for further details and an application pack.