Plans for restarting Breakfast Club from 13th September
Due to COVID restrictions, unfortunately we had to suspend our Breakfast Club provision. However, from Monday 13th September, we are hoping to start this back up again. We have had some time to review how Breakfast Club was organised previously and have decided to make some changes in order to make sure it can take place in a way which is more manageable, supports those pupils who need wraparound provision and those that are Pupil Premium eligible and ensures the safety and wellbeing of all those children attending.
- Breakfast Club will be available for children in Reception to Year 6
- There will now be a cap put on the number of places available for Breakfast Club. The cap will be for 60 places and these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. We will keep a waiting list if there are more than 60 children wanting places.
- There will be a fee of £1 per day introduced for children who attend Breakfast Club to contribute to the cost of staffing and the cost of providing breakfast.
- There will be no charge for those children who are eligible for Free School Meals – this will be subsidised from Pupil Premium funding.
- Parents who wish to send their children to Breakfast Club will need to sign an agreement and will be asked to pay for each half term in advance, e.g. a 6 week half term will be £30 paid on sQuid
- We will keep a register of children that attend. If children do not attend regularly, their place may be allocated to a child on the waiting list instead.
- Parents that no longer wish their child to attend Breakfast Club will be refunded the remaining balance for the half term and their place offered to a child on the waiting list.
- Unfortunately, we will not be able to give refunds for children who are absent or only wish to use the Breakfast Club on certain days of the week.
- Breakfast Club will begin at 8.00am.
- Children should be dropped off by parents at the Dixon Road entrance where they will be met by a member of staff.
- Please note that the Dixon Road gate will be locked at 8.15am and no children will be allowed to enter after this time until the gates reopen at 8.40am.
- Parents must make sure that children have arrived on time and that they have been met at the gate – please do not leave children outside the locked gates.
If you wish to reserve a place at Breakfast Club for your child, please contact the school office from Monday 6th September (preferably by phone or email) to put your child’s name down on the list. We will confirm places to start on Monday 13th September by Friday 10th September.