Dear Parents/ Carers,
I'm pleased to let you know that we are organising Parents' Evenings to take place before February half term so parents can meet their child's class teacher and get an update on the progress that they are making this year.
We are organising two after-school Parents' Evenings, one on Tuesday 6th February and the other on Wednesday 7th February. Parents' Evenings on both afternoons will begin at 3.15pm with the last appointment being at 5.35pm (4N will begin at 3.05pm on both days and 4SA will begin at 3.05pm on Wednesday 7th February).
As before, parents will be asked to use an online booking system to book a 10 minute slot with their children's class teachers on one of the two Parents' Evenings.
We will have to be quite strict about the timings of the appointments so please don't be late and please don't be offended if the teacher has to end the appointment after 10 minutes to meet the next parent.
Guidelines for Parents' Evenings:
It's useful for children and parents to attend but please try to keep to a minimum the number of other family members attending
- Parents should arrive at school no earlier than 10 minutes before their first appointment
- Entrance to the school site will be via Arthur Street or Dixon Road and entrance to the building will be via the outside door to the main hall under the canopy
- Parents will be expected to sign in and then sign out as they leave
Booking appointments with your child's class teacher:
- We are going to use the same online system we have used before through the school website for booking appointments with class teachers
- In order to book an appointment, we will send an email to the email address of the parent who is listed as the First Contact on our school information system. This email will be sent at 7pm on Wednesday 24th January
- The email will have a link to click on and you will then be able to choose which day and at which time you would like to book the appointment - please make a note of the date and time that you choose
- You will receive an email for each of your children so you will need to open each one and book for each child
- We would advise that you allow 10 minutes between the end of one meeting and the start of the next, e.g. if you book an appointment to start at 3.15pm which ends at 3.25pm, you should book the next appointment for 3.35pm to give you time to get to the next classroom
- If you don't receive an email, this is because either we don't have an email address for you or the email you have given us is wrong. If you don't receive an email by Thursday 25th January, then please contact the office with your updated email address and a link to book your appointment will be sent out to you
- We are also happy to book separate appointments for parents who may not live together. Please contact the office if this situation applies to you
- If you don't have an email address at all and don't wish to use one, then you can contact the office and they can assign you a date and time for your appointment
We're looking forward to welcoming all parents into school on either the 6th or 7th January.
We look forward to seeing you all,