Welcome To

Regents Park Community Primary School

Believe in Yourself - Anything is Possible!


5. How will the SENCo ask for my permission to involve other professionals to work with my child?

Sometimes we may need to ask for your permission to involve other qualified professionals to support your child.


  • In school we work with a range of external agencies including Play Therapists, Educational Psychology Service, Communication and Autism Team, Pupil and School Support, Visual Impaired Team, Hearing Impaired Team and the Speech and Language Therapist.

  • We will always ask for your permission if we wish you involve other qualified professionals.

  • The Class Teacher, SENCo, Senior Learning Mentor or Parent Support Advisor will always have a face to face meeting with you to discuss ways forward.

  • They will explain to you who the professional is their role and in what capacity they will be working with you, with staff and with your child.

  • We will ask for your verbal or written permission before referring to external professionals.